Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Random Morning Rant

Here on post pedestrians always have the right-of-way. Always. They don't have to be in a crosswalk or wait for oncoming traffic. Basically, if you hit them, you're at fault.

I get it, I do. After all, we have a lot of foot traffic around here.

BUT, is it too much to ask for someone to use a little common sense? I think it's stupid to cross anywhere besides a crosswalk just for the principle of personal safety, but that's just me.

I almost hit 3 soldiers this morning driving my husband to work. Well, I almost hit one personally, then I almost slammed into a car that slammed on its brakes to avoid two soldier who decided it was best to run across the road with close oncoming traffic.

Ummm, hello?! It's 0530, pitch black, and there's dense fog. We can barely see the road markings let alone your digi-cam clad rear end with no reflective gear on running across the road. I don't appreciate you putting mine and those around me at a risk because you don't care about your own safety.

When you walk across the road at noon without looking, it annoys me. When you do it while it's dark and almost cause accidents and jeopardize your own safety, you're just being plain stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment