Total Pageviews

Monday, January 30, 2012

Auto Theft

Good Morning.

I'm a bit annoyed this morning.

One of my Marks soldiers truck was stolen out of the barracks parking lot this morning.

There is one type of person I dislike more than a liar; and that's a thief. I don't tolerate them. I don't care what other accomplishments or qualities a thief has, I don't like them. Period, end of story.

I've fallen victim to my share of thieves in my lifetime and the feeling of being violated never gets easier.

This poor kid had put so much time and money into that truck it was ridiculous. He's a former Marine and current Soldier being med-boarded out of the Army at the moment for injuries he sustained in Iraq.

Point being - he worked for the money he used to build that truck. He undoubtedly worked very hard and sacrificed a lot.

It's a pretty noticeable vehicle. It's white with a purple stripe and rims so I'm sure they'll find it eventually. Of course the stereo and rims probably won't be on/in it. I'm sure it will also be littered with trash by the scum that stole it IF they are in fact dumb enough to take such an obvious vehicle out joyriding knowing it's likely reported stolen.

Why is it so hard for scum like this to work for what they have? I guess I shouldn't assume they don't work but if they do perhaps they should manage their money correctly so they don't have to participate in such violating illegal acts to increase their income.

I don't care how poor someone is, there is no excuse for taking what doesn't belong to you. I may make an exception for someone stealing food because they're starving, but not much of one. I probably just wouldn't judge them as harshly. Yes, I said I would judge someone. Deal with it. After all, here in the good ol' US of A there are options for everyone to eat regardless of whether you have money.

I really hope he miraculously receives the vehicle back untouched. If not, his insurance will cover most of it but it doesn't replace the work and sweat he put into it and I doubt he'll get back the amount of money it cost to make it what it was. At least his lien will be paid, I guess. Not that it makes it any better.

I really hope the people who took it feel some sort of guilt. However, I would not hold my breath expecting it.

No comments:

Post a Comment